Back for a seventh season, the Pondcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the pond from the lower tiers of America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes typically drop Tuesdays throughout from August to June and are available in the player at the top of the site, or you can subscribe to the show where you listen to podcasts.
|Apple Podcasts Google Podcasts Stitcher RSS|
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: Emery of the state November 14, 2019 11:18 pmAfter subjecting D.J. to giving Tottenham a weekly beating on the show, we gave him a reprieve on this week’s #Pondcast by switching our attention to the chaos on the other side of North London. Winless in his last four matches, the heat has intensified on Arsenal manager Unai Emery and the locals have grown restless. After […]
- #Pondcast: When it all goes wrong November 5, 2019 7:33 pmThings are not going particularly well for Tottenham at the moment and Sunday’s draw away from Everton was another example of that. But on this week’s show, the guys also used the 104-minute tragedy-fest to illustrate just how badly the recent VAR-centric revamping of the laws of the game have made the game… just wrong. […]
- #Pondcast: Long overdue October 30, 2019 3:39 pmLeicester tied a record, Liverpool beat Spurs (again), Arsenal’s captain told his own fans bad things, and plenty more happened in the Premier League’s wild weekend, and we obviously got into it all on this week’s show. On this side of the Atlantic, we were treated to the best round of MLS Cup playoff action […]
- #Pondcast: Perfect imperfection October 23, 2019 12:11 pmLast weekend’s Premier League action finally saw Liverpool’s red-hot start to the campaign slightly cooled at Old Trafford, as Ole’s Red Devils snatched the first points away from the leaders so far this campaign. We analyzed how the draw might impact Liverpool’s title hopes, then explored further D.J.’s Spurs-shaped misery before recapping the rest of […]
- #Pondcast: Recapping sadness in Cincinnati with Pat Brennan October 15, 2019 4:58 pmIt may have taken us ten shows into season seven to get our first guest on the Wrong Side of the Pond podcast, but in our opinion, it was mostly well worth the wait. That guest? Pat Brennan (@PBrennanENQ), The Cincinnati Enquirer’s beat writer covering the local soccer scene, joins us to earn his second […]
GET INVOLVED IN THE SHOW
Whether it’s to share your answer to the upcoming episode’s question of the week, or you just want D.J. and Jeremy to answer the question burning a hole in your brain, we want to hear from you! You can tweet at the guys at @wrongsidofpond or @JeremyLance, or you can shoot us a message.