Back for its sixth season, the Pondcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the pond from the lower tiers of America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes typically drop Tuesdays throughout the European season and are available in the player at the top of the site and on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and via RSS feed.
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: We’re Changing the World October 15, 2018 9:20 pmHere at Wrong Side of the Pond, we’ve been known to take the international breaks off. That’s almost always the case during breaks without any meaningful matches for the US Men’s National Team, which was very much the case this time around, too. But this was no normal international break. First, the USMNT’s failure to qualify […]
- #Pondcast: We’ll Have to Call Him Jessi or Something October 9, 2018 4:14 pmThough barrenness of yet another international break is upon us, the latest #Pondcast episode has also arrived to take you back in time to relive last week’s club football action instead. On this week’s show, we contemplate how Mourinho managed to survive a dagger-wielding Rafa Benítez, why Liverpool-City failed to live up to the impossible expectations we […]
- #Pondcast: A Bad Week for José October 3, 2018 4:00 amTwo defeats in a week would be bad enough for Manchester United’s José Mourinho, but falling to a Championship side managed by one of your former proteges and following that up with a loss to the most chaotic club in your own division certainly makes the two losses sting a little bit more. And since […]
- #Pondcast: Into the Wilds of Europe September 26, 2018 4:06 pmThe UEFA Champions League group stage kicked off last week, wildly some might even say. Liverpool triumphed in a goalfest with Jordan Saint-Germain, Spurs and the Cityzens lodged disappointing losses to former giants, and Manchester United found victory on the pitch while still taking L’s in their locker room. Then in American matters, there are […]
- #Pondcast: A Title to Lose September 18, 2018 9:36 pmIf you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to listen to a #Pondcast where hosts D.J. and Jeremy did almost zero prep work and recorded after an afternoon of day drinking at a hot soccer match, this is the episode you’ve been waiting for! And on this week’s poorly prepared podcast, the guys haphazardly hand Liverpool […]
GET INVOLVED IN THE SHOW
Whether it’s to share your answer to the upcoming episode’s question of the week, or you just want D.J. and Jeremy to answer the question burning a hole in your brain, we want to hear from you! You can tweet at the guys at @wrongsidofpond or @JeremyLance, or you can shoot us a message.