The Pondcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the pond, from the lower tiers of the America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes drop Tuesdays and are available on the web and available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and via RSS feed.
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: Never pet a burning dog March 21, 2017 9:24 pmIt’s officially spring here in Ohio. That means the weather is currently wildly fluctuating between spells of winter and early summer, most of the country has turned its attention to basketball madness, and those of us in the world of soccer are left to be drowned by a tsunami of soccer. The English Premiership has reached the point […]
- #Pondcast: Let’s Cram All the Leagues In March 15, 2017 1:19 amIt’s that time of the year where there’s absolutely no shortage of soccer to digest, and this week’s #Pondcast is a reflection of that. No less than five competitions got some serious time in this week’s show, with the FA Cup, Premier League, UEFA Champions League, MLS and LigaMX all getting considerable time on air. The last of those warranted […]
- #Pondcast: Let’s Get Domestic March 7, 2017 10:40 pmThe regular season domestic calendar opened up this past weekend here in the United States. And while the new MLS season always inspires excitement, this year, it seemed like a bigger deal than normal. That might have had something to do with two expansion teams kicking their first ball in the American/Canadian top flight, […]
- #Pondcast: We Didn’t Win Best Picture Either February 28, 2017 10:24 pmWith a Sunday night recording nixing our ability to talk about a Ranieri-less Leicester resurrect themselves in glorious fashion against a deflated Liverpool side, we’re presuming that’s how the Academy botched our chances of ending the evening with silverware just like La La Land. Presuming a podcast could even be nominated for a film award. Instead, we talked […]
- #Pondcast: The Cup Runneth Over February 21, 2017 10:38 pmThough we were all made to suffer through a weekend without the likes of Premier League football to entertain us, the FA Cup and its magic did a fine job standing in. Fifth tier minnows like Lincoln City and Sutton United attracted scores of attention to the world’s oldest knockout cup competition, including our own. […]
Listener Questions/Topics: We absolutely want to know what you want us to talk about, so be sure to shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your questions and topics to sprinkle in to the weekly pod.
Winners & Wankers: D.J. and Jeremy each pick the person, place or things from the world of soccer that are worthy of being given the title of “Winner” — deserving of praise — and “Wanker” — deserving of scorn and mockery — for the previous week.
Wrong Side of the Argument: Ever the protagonist, Jeremy will occasionally defend an unpopular opinion from the world of soccer.
This Week in American Soccer Conspiracy Theories: The ever growing American soccer community has birthed some incredible tinfoil hat thinking over the last few years, and we’re not afraid to call them out.
Fantasy Update: A weekly update on how the Pondcast hosts are faring in the WSOTP Fantasy Leagues for the Premier League and MLS, as well as who tops the table in each.
Closing Music: The tail end of every show features some of the guys favorite musical samplings for you to judge them by. If you like what you hear, you can listen to them all on our occasionally updated Spotify playlist.
WSOTP is pleased to be a founding member of the Background Noise FC, an independent soccer podcast network, which features regional members across the US offering unique perspectives on the beautiful game. Check us at it www.backgroundnoisefc.com.