The Pondcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the pond, from the lower tiers of the America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes drop Tuesdays and are available on the web and available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and via RSS feed.
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: We’re Both Insufferable May 17, 2017 9:15 pmWe’re going to start this off by apologizing. If you’re not a fan of either Chelsea or Spurs, there’s a chance you might find both your #Pondcast hosts to be a bit nauseating this week. Jeremy, of course, had Chelsea’s title achievement to boast about and we can forgive him that. But D.J. still found a way to […]
- #Pondcast: Broken Hopes and Dreams (for Some) May 9, 2017 9:00 pmAfter two straight weeks with heavily delayed #Pondcast deliveries, we get things back on track this week with the usual Tuesday afternoon posting. So no broken hearts should come on that front — in the footballing world though, the same promises couldn’t be made this past weekend. For example, D.J. grapples with the reality of a “bottled” […]
- #Pondcast: St. Totteringham’s Day is CANCELLED May 4, 2017 11:17 amTwo weeks in a row with a Thursday episode of the #Pondcast? We promise we’re not trying to make this a habit, but between figuring out how to shoehorn the show into newly adjusted work schedule and some serious technical problems… well, it’s proven difficult. That said, you’ll be delighted to learn that this week’s effort clocks in […]
- #Pondcast: Another Pod Derby? April 28, 2017 12:04 amIs the this latest drop of a #Pondcast ever? Quite possibly. Sorry, life — and soccer — got in the way. So what exactly is in this extremely tardy episode? Jeremy and D.J. tackle a fourth “Pondcast Derby” of the season and what effects its outcome will or won’t have on the Premier League run in. We also tackle […]
- #Pondcast: Alan Pardew for Mayor April 19, 2017 11:44 amWe’ve got a title race on our hands, or at least that’s what Chelsea fan Jeremy spent a portion of this latest #Pondcast trying to convince Spurs fan D.J. The guys not only debated the merits of both those side’s chances, but also took some time to dissect the top four race unfolding below them before dancing through the Champions […]
Listener Questions/Topics: We absolutely want to know what you want us to talk about, so be sure to shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your questions and topics to sprinkle in to the weekly pod.
Winners & Wankers: D.J. and Jeremy each pick the person, place or things from the world of soccer that are worthy of being given the title of “Winner” — deserving of praise — and “Wanker” — deserving of scorn and mockery — for the previous week.
Wrong Side of the Argument: Ever the protagonist, Jeremy will occasionally defend an unpopular opinion from the world of soccer.
This Week in American Soccer Conspiracy Theories: The ever growing American soccer community has birthed some incredible tinfoil hat thinking over the last few years, and we’re not afraid to call them out.
Fantasy Update: A weekly update on how the Pondcast hosts are faring in the WSOTP Fantasy Leagues for the Premier League and MLS, as well as who tops the table in each.
Closing Music: The tail end of every show features some of the guys favorite musical samplings for you to judge them by. If you like what you hear, you can listen to them all on our occasionally updated Spotify playlist.
WSOTP is pleased to be a founding member of the Background Noise FC, an independent soccer podcast network, which features regional members across the US offering unique perspectives on the beautiful game. Check us at it www.backgroundnoisefc.com.