Now in its eighth season, the Wrong Side of the Pond podcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the Atlantic from the lower tiers of America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes drop weekly from August to June and are available in the player at the top of the site, or you can subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts.
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: Fall from grace February 25, 2021 4:49 pmUncharacteristically warm weather has thawed out Cincinnati after a week of uncharacteristically high amounts of snow froze the guys out of last week’s show. But now warmed by the sun, we’re back and ready to chat soccer! On the running order this week, we take a look at Liverpool’s developing trainwreck and the chances the […]
- #Pondcast: So where’s everyone at then? February 18, 2021 10:10 pmMore slothfulness on the front and back ends of recording this mean you get last week’s news today. Hooray! Luckily, we didn’t cover the events too much and focused instead on how the season is going for England’s traditional “top six” sides — Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City and United, and Tottenham. Then we wrapped […]
- #Pondcast: (Late) Breaking news February 5, 2021 10:07 pmWith a planned delay in the cards so that D.J. — not Jeremy — could wallow in the outcome of Spurs-Chelsea and the guys could talk about the looming MLS collective bargaining agreement deadline, the guys were gifted even more to talk about than they could have imagined. Late-breaking news out of Cincinnati indicated the […]
- #Pondcast: Maybe League Soccer January 30, 2021 10:07 pmOn this week’s episode, the guys recant the experiences viewing the rarest of WSOTP Derbies… Spurs-Wycombe. Even if it played out fairly similarly to the last two times these clubs met. In news that doesn’t just concern two of our favorite teams, Thomas Tuchel is in at Chelsea. Which, of course, is Jeremy’s other favorite […]
- #Pondcast: One day your top, next day your not January 21, 2021 8:55 pmAfter a week off, the WSOTP boys are back for a chaotic week in the Premier League. Three sides topped the table in the span of a week, leading us to wonder which sides are contenders or pretenders. We also took a look at the current transfer window and why it’s been so unusually quiet, […]
GET INVOLVED IN THE SHOW
Whether it’s to share your answer to the upcoming episode’s question of the week, or you just want D.J. and Jeremy to answer the question burning a hole in your brain, we want to hear from you! You can tweet at the guys at @wrongsidofpond or @JeremyLance, or you can shoot us a message.