Back for it’s fifth season, the Pondcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the pond, from the lower tiers of the America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes (normally) drop Tuesdays and are available in the player at the top of the site and available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and via RSS feed.
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: This is it for the fifth time May 18, 2018 10:48 pmWell, if you made it this far with us you probably deserve some sort of an award. This episode of the (#37 on the season, to be specific) represents our annual fuzzy ending to our fifth season of the #Pondcast. And instead of reviewing the final matchday’s action, we undertook two annual traditions instead. First, […]
- #Pondcast: Relegation Is Not Sexy May 8, 2018 10:01 pmThe first relegation scalp has been claimed in the lead up to this week’s episode of the #Pondcast, and for that reason, the guys lamented over the loss of a once sexy side from the Premier League. In addition to also looking into which club might be next to face the knife, there was also plenty […]
- #Pondcast: If You Don’t Like Falconry, Get Out May 2, 2018 12:13 pmWith the Premier League winding down, the guys shifted focus this week to give the UEFA Champions League the spotlight treatment now that we’ve reached the semifinal stage. First leg recaps and second leg predictions, included! We didn’t totally relegate the EPL to the pit of despair though, and there was time for some domestic stuff […]
- #Pondcast: Sprinkling Investments April 26, 2018 2:38 amLet’s pretend for a second that the first legs of the Champions League semis didn’t happen. Becuase if they hadn’t, then you would definitely want to hear the guys preview the semifinal round. If you must pay attention to reality, then just imagine we were previewing the second legs too. And to be fair, we did. A […]
- #Pondcast: Title Hoisting and Fruit by the Foot April 18, 2018 12:10 pmWe’ll kick off this week’s #Pondcast by apologizing for the inordinate amount of 90’s nostalgia on this latest episode — the guys accidentally fell down an old commercial rabbit hole immediately prior to recording, and it permeated wide swaths of this week’s show. And no, that totally wasn’t an effort to wash over the fact that […]
Question of the Week: Before most shows, we solicit listener answers to a “Question of the Week” to social media. We’re directly reliant on your thoughts to make this segment not crap, so make sure you’re paying attention.
Winners & Wankers: D.J. and Jeremy each pick the person, place or things from the world of soccer that are worthy of being given the title of “Winner” — deserving of praise — and “Wanker” — deserving of scorn and mockery — for the previous week.
This Week in American Soccer Conspiracy Theories: The ever growing American soccer community has birthed some incredible tinfoil hat thinking over the last few years, and we’re not afraid to call them out.
Fantasy Update: A weekly update on how the Pondcast hosts are faring in the WSOTP Fantasy Leagues for the Premier League and MLS, as well as who tops the table in each.
Closing Music: The tail end of every show features some of the guys favorite musical samplings for you to judge them by. If you like what you hear, you can listen to them all on our occasionally updated Spotify playlist.