Back for it’s fifth season, the Pondcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the pond, from the lower tiers of the America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes (normally) drop Tuesdays and are available in the player at the top of the site and available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and via RSS feed.
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: None of Us Are Lawyers November 7, 2017 10:30 pmOn a normal week, a number of marquee Premier League match-ups, big-time results in the Champions League or high drama in MLS playoff action would be the highlights of our weekly episode — and they all certainly got plenty of attention this week, for sure. But with the ongoing legal drama in the American soccer […]
- #Pondcast: Drink This for Heart Issues November 2, 2017 1:31 amAfter surviving a weekend of seismic soccer activity on both sides of the Atlantic, the guys were able to get together once again to record another episode of your fourth favorite soccer podcast. Per usual, we take a walk through the latest round of results in the English Premier League, including United’s big 1-0 win […]
- #Pondcast: It’s Been Mayhem October 24, 2017 10:00 pmAgainst all logic, the crazy world of soccer somehow managed to get a little crazier since our last show. And none of that had to do with the weekend of Premier League action, which itself was a little crazy. We took our normal walkthrough of our the English top-tier — and some momentary dalliances into some […]
- #Pondcast: Bye Bye Bruce October 18, 2017 12:14 pmGiven the chaos in American soccer over the last week, a return to the Premier League offered at least a partial distraction for the guys going into this week’s show. And though 40% of last weekend’s actions ended in drab draws — hello, Liverpool-United — the remaining six results packed plenty of drama: Palace’s surprising […]
- #Pondcast: Nuclear Fall Out October 12, 2017 5:10 pmWhile we had originally planned to take the week off due to the international break, the “most embarrassing moment in U.S. Soccer history” went and happened, forcing D.J. & Jeremy into emergency action. In the chaotic hours that followed the USMNT’s 2-1 defeat and subsequent elimination from the 2018 World Cup in Russia, we thought […]
Question of the Week: Before most shows, we solicit listener answers to a “Question of the Week” to social media. We’re directly reliant on your thoughts to make this segment not crap, so make sure you’re paying attention.
Winners & Wankers: D.J. and Jeremy each pick the person, place or things from the world of soccer that are worthy of being given the title of “Winner” — deserving of praise — and “Wanker” — deserving of scorn and mockery — for the previous week.
This Week in American Soccer Conspiracy Theories: The ever growing American soccer community has birthed some incredible tinfoil hat thinking over the last few years, and we’re not afraid to call them out.
Fantasy Update: A weekly update on how the Pondcast hosts are faring in the WSOTP Fantasy Leagues for the Premier League and MLS, as well as who tops the table in each.
Closing Music: The tail end of every show features some of the guys favorite musical samplings for you to judge them by. If you like what you hear, you can listen to them all on our occasionally updated Spotify playlist.