Back for a seventh season, the Pondcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the pond from the lower tiers of America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes typically drop Tuesdays throughout from August to June and are available in the player at the top of the site, or you can subscribe to the show where you listen to podcasts.
|Apple Podcasts Google Podcasts Stitcher RSS|
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: From one disaster to another February 19, 2020 2:02 amAfter a week off due to a truncated Premier League schedule last week, D.J. and Jeremy returned to the booth this week to a bit of a firestorm. For Jeremy, it was a frustrating loss at home for his Chelsea to the damned United combined with a bunch of results that help narrow the race […]
- #Pondcast: An instant VAR classic February 4, 2020 8:57 pmEveryone’s favorite soccer personality, Video Assistant Review, spent another weekend in the spotlight in England thanks to a trio of controversial calls in Spurs’ surprising upset of Manchester City. So you can expect we spent a fair amount of time (again) talking about VAR on this week’s show. After wrapping up the rest of the […]
- #Pondcast: So the window is open, right? January 28, 2020 4:47 pmWith no show last week, the guys normally would have had lots of ground to cover to make up lost time… but not much has changed in the Premier League. Liverpool are still running away with things, and the rest of the pack chasing behind them seem incapable of finding any consistency. We run things […]
- #Pondcast: That gap January 14, 2020 3:57 pmAfter surviving the early year bugs that seem to be doing the rounds, a scruffy D.J. and worn-down Jeremy reconvened following a week off to examine Liverpool’s continued dominance — and why it’s okay to admit they’ve spent money to get that way. Too, we looked at Sergio Agüero’s record-setting day against Aston Villa, Bournemouth’s […]
- #Pondcast: The episode of the decade January 2, 2020 5:21 pmIn perfectly unplanned irony, the 20th episode of season seven of the #Pondcast also happens to be the first episode of 2020. And we used the special occasion as an opportunity to reflect back over the previous decade that was in the wild and crazy world of football. First, we took a peek back at […]
GET INVOLVED IN THE SHOW
Whether it’s to share your answer to the upcoming episode’s question of the week, or you just want D.J. and Jeremy to answer the question burning a hole in your brain, we want to hear from you! You can tweet at the guys at @wrongsidofpond or @JeremyLance, or you can shoot us a message.