Back for a seventh season, the Pondcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the pond from the lower tiers of America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes typically drop Tuesdays throughout from August to June and are available in the player at the top of the site, or you can subscribe to the show where you listen to podcasts.
|Apple Podcasts Google Podcasts Stitcher RSS|
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: Here’s where we would watch matches if soccer was allowed again April 9, 2020 12:20 pmOn this week’s pandemic special, we imagine a world where soccer was actually being played again. And if we had limitless funds, we each list 10 where we would want to try to catch a match before the next infectious disease breaks out on a global scale. In addition to the bucket lists, we hit […]
- #Pondcast: The guilty pleasures of lockdown April 1, 2020 1:15 pmIt’s week three of Corona-flavored quarantine here in Ohio and it’s clear that social distancing has started to take its toll. We humored the craziest of conspiracy theories, like how the Premier League might actually finish their season. Jeremy listed the best five soccer documentaries to watch on a single streaming platform. And we even […]
- #Pondcast: Social distancing at its finest March 26, 2020 2:03 amWe’re back with the second installment of quarantined #Pondcast and there’s still no soccer being played, but we’re once again back with some hot content for your ears. In addition to running down the limited headlines — including U.S. Soccer finally getting around to naming a (controversial) pick for their vacant CEO position — we get […]
- #Pondcast: Live from quarantine March 17, 2020 6:00 pmA lot can change in a little time and this week’s episode of the Pondcast is a testament to that. On our last show, D.J. and Jeremy sat together talking about the approaching climaxes of the European campaigns and the optimism following the return of the North American domestic seasons. But this week? We followed the CDC’s […]
- #Pondcast: Virulence March 9, 2020 3:10 pmDespite a pandemic sweeping the globe, the world of soccer chugged on this past week… though there were a lot fewer people out to watch it chug along. In England, Liverpool fear they might have to lift a trophy in an empty ground. In MLS, we’ve already seen decreased crowds thanks to covid-19 fears — […]
GET INVOLVED IN THE SHOW
Whether it’s to share your answer to the upcoming episode’s question of the week, or you just want D.J. and Jeremy to answer the question burning a hole in your brain, we want to hear from you! You can tweet at the guys at @wrongsidofpond or @JeremyLance, or you can shoot us a message.