The Pondcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the pond, from the lower tiers of the America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes drop Tuesdays and are available on the web and available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and via RSS feed.
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: Alan Pardew for Mayor April 19, 2017 11:44 amWe’ve got a title race on our hands, or at least that’s what Chelsea fan Jeremy spent a portion of this latest #Pondcast trying to convince Spurs fan D.J. The guys not only debated the merits of both those side’s chances, but also took some time to dissect the top four race unfolding below them before dancing through the Champions […]
- #Pondcast: You’re a Co-Host and You’re a Co-Host! April 11, 2017 9:47 pmWe have to admit: it’s been a pretty enjoyable little week here in #Pondcast-land. With Jeremy’s Chelsea and DJ’s Spurs looking the class of the Premier League and World Cup 2026 seemingly heading our direction, there’s plenty to be happy about and talk about. On this week’s show, the guys debate the likelihood of someone aside from Chelsea […]
- #Pondcast: The Show Recorded Entirely in DJ’s Pants April 4, 2017 9:02 pmA wild and chaotic weekend in the Premier League gave the guys ample room to debate on this week’s WSOTP Pondcast a number of intriguing questions. Was Palace’s upset of Chelsea enough to open the door for Spurs? Can City or Liverpool actually make up the points gap and make it more than a two horse […]
- #Pondcast: 2017 USL “Preview” Show March 29, 2017 12:00 pmNormally, previews come out before the item they’re previewing has debuted to the world. But here at WSOTP, we do things different — and it has nothing to do with the fact that we weren’t able to get this done any earlier. That said, after a week of opening round fixtures, we’re now ready to drop our 2017 […]
- #Pondcast: How Bruce Gave Us Our Groove Back March 28, 2017 9:00 pmAs we’ve harped on before, coming up with content on international weeks is hard. Okay, on week’s like this one, it isn’t that hard. What with the US Men’s National Team demolishing Honduras after having their German shackles removed and Christian Pulisic being ordained the official second coming. But with minimal MLS to report on, and no Premier […]
Listener Questions/Topics: We absolutely want to know what you want us to talk about, so be sure to shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your questions and topics to sprinkle in to the weekly pod.
Winners & Wankers: D.J. and Jeremy each pick the person, place or things from the world of soccer that are worthy of being given the title of “Winner” — deserving of praise — and “Wanker” — deserving of scorn and mockery — for the previous week.
Wrong Side of the Argument: Ever the protagonist, Jeremy will occasionally defend an unpopular opinion from the world of soccer.
This Week in American Soccer Conspiracy Theories: The ever growing American soccer community has birthed some incredible tinfoil hat thinking over the last few years, and we’re not afraid to call them out.
Fantasy Update: A weekly update on how the Pondcast hosts are faring in the WSOTP Fantasy Leagues for the Premier League and MLS, as well as who tops the table in each.
Closing Music: The tail end of every show features some of the guys favorite musical samplings for you to judge them by. If you like what you hear, you can listen to them all on our occasionally updated Spotify playlist.
WSOTP is pleased to be a founding member of the Background Noise FC, an independent soccer podcast network, which features regional members across the US offering unique perspectives on the beautiful game. Check us at it www.backgroundnoisefc.com.