Now in its eighth season, the Wrong Side of the Pond podcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the Atlantic from the lower tiers of America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes drop weekly from August to June and are available in the player at the top of the site, or you can subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts.
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: The eighth time we previewed MLS April 15, 2021 7:31 pmThe wait is over: MLS is here! The domestic first division season officially kicks off this weekend and, once again, D.J. and Jeremy are back to preview the upcoming 2021 campaign. As usual, the guys present their normal predictions — playoff teams, Supporters Shield winners, Cup winners, MVP, coach of the year, darkhorse club, and […]
- #Pondcast: Afternoon delight April 9, 2021 4:50 pmWorry not, exhausted #Pondcast-ers: this week’s show is less than half the length of last week’s monstrous return to the mics. In this week’s abridged version, the guys examined the reasons behind West Ham’s dizzying heights in the English table — are Moyes’ men actually good, or is just that everyone else bad? We also […]
- #Pondcast: A Hoppe and a prayer April 5, 2021 3:49 pmAfter a few weeks away from the mics, D.J. and Jeremy are back — and they brought someone with them! This week’s 100-minute behemoth includes an interview with Schalke under-23 assistant Kai Hesse, who joined us to talk about his career, the academy set up at Knappenschmiede, and the development of American starlet Matthew Hoppe […]
- #Pondcast: A microcosm March 12, 2021 6:28 pmSure, the title race is more or less settled in England. But Manchester United cared not for City’s near-certain trophy and dropped their crosstown rivals for the third straight away match — and the guys discussed how it was a match that seemed like a perfect microcosm for the entirety of this odd Premier League […]
- #Pondcast: You can’t do that March 6, 2021 1:32 amIn another VAR stained weekend in England, one thing was certain — Manchester City were the best team in the country. And on this week’s episode of the #Pondcast, the guys dissected where the other teams behind City stack up. And as MLS preseason picks up steam, everyone’s attention was turned off the field as […]
GET INVOLVED IN THE SHOW
Whether it’s to share your answer to the upcoming episode’s question of the week, or you just want D.J. and Jeremy to answer the question burning a hole in your brain, we want to hear from you! You can tweet at the guys at @wrongsidofpond or @JeremyLance, or you can shoot us a message.