Back for it’s fifth season, the Pondcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the pond, from the lower tiers of the America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes (normally) drop Tuesdays and are available in the player at the top of the site and available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and via RSS feed.
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: Let’s Start Our Own Country February 14, 2018 4:25 amOf course, we covered the weekend’s Premier League action on this week’s show, including a marquee North London Derby much to DJ’s liking. City’s big win? Yup, that too. Chelsea getting back on track? Nope, we recorded on Sunday night — but the rest of Matchday 27’s action is in here. But the meat of this […]
- #Pondcast: What *IS* a penalty? February 8, 2018 3:46 amThere may have been two matchdays’ worth of English football since we last strapped ourselves into the #Pondcast recording machine last week, but the conversation was about just one match: Liverpool 2 Spurs 2. Jeremy and D.J. spent considerable time adding their thoughts on the thriller’s spectacular goals and refereeing decisions. We also forced Jeremy to […]
- #Pondcast: Adjusting to Austerity Chelsea January 30, 2018 11:00 pmThere wasn’t any Premier League action to document this past weekend, but there was enough cup action — of the FA and Caribou Coffee varieties — to warrant a new show this week. Couple those cups with the imminent closing of the January transfer window and the heating up of the American soccer scene, and […]
- #Pondcast: Alexa, Say Goodbye to Alexis January 24, 2018 2:40 amThe January transfer window isn’t even over, but we’re recapping it anyway on the latest episode of the #Pondcast because — well, we wanted to. There’s also a full dose of actual match coverage from around the weekend’s Premier League fixtures, a look into the beginnings of the domestic preseason, and a dose of your […]
- #Pondcast: They Are Not Highlanders January 17, 2018 12:46 pmCity have fallen, despite most of us thinking they were more than mere mortals. The near-paradigm-shifting result in the Liverpool-Manchester City match was definitely the focus of the latest episode of the #Pondcast, there was plenty more to discuss too. Topics like “are Arsenal and Chelsea imploding” and “can Harry Kane score 1000 goals in a […]
Question of the Week: Before most shows, we solicit listener answers to a “Question of the Week” to social media. We’re directly reliant on your thoughts to make this segment not crap, so make sure you’re paying attention.
Winners & Wankers: D.J. and Jeremy each pick the person, place or things from the world of soccer that are worthy of being given the title of “Winner” — deserving of praise — and “Wanker” — deserving of scorn and mockery — for the previous week.
This Week in American Soccer Conspiracy Theories: The ever growing American soccer community has birthed some incredible tinfoil hat thinking over the last few years, and we’re not afraid to call them out.
Fantasy Update: A weekly update on how the Pondcast hosts are faring in the WSOTP Fantasy Leagues for the Premier League and MLS, as well as who tops the table in each.
Closing Music: The tail end of every show features some of the guys favorite musical samplings for you to judge them by. If you like what you hear, you can listen to them all on our occasionally updated Spotify playlist.