Back for it’s fifth season, the Pondcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the pond, from the lower tiers of the America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes (normally) drop Tuesdays and are available in the player at the top of the site and available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and via RSS feed.
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: It’s a Six-Peat August 8, 2018 4:18 amIf you thought you weren’t going to have to hear from us for a while after we subjected you to five World Cup specials, you were terrible]y, terribly wrong. Just three weeks after France were crowned kings of the soccer world, D.J. and Jeremy are back once again for the debut of the sixth season of the […]
- #Pondcast: Sacrebleu July 20, 2018 9:34 pmThe wait for the final episode of season five of the Wrong Side of the Pond podcast is finally over, as D.J. and Jeremy offer up the last of their five World Cup specials following France’s triumphant march on Moscow. Listen in as the guys review not only their favorite moments of the tournament, but also review […]
- #Pondcast: It’s Almost Climax Time July 12, 2018 3:10 amWith the World Cup now nearly over, we’re back to report in on our fourth special of the tournament. What better time to rank the semifinalists — to be fair, we recorded this before those matches actually played out. After giving our belated hot takes, we then took some time to revisit the Fox coverage that we […]
- #Pondcast: Carpooling with Stereotypes July 4, 2018 4:26 pmStill catching your breath? We know we are after an incredible conclusion to the group stage and a matching start to the knockout rounds. I’m in the third edition of our world cup podcast specials, we Deep dive into all the teams that have exited the tournament and those who have managed to stick to […]
- #Pondcast: Who’s In, Who’s Out June 25, 2018 10:21 pmJust two days after our first (belated) World Cup special episode dropped, D.J. and Jeremy are back with the second edition! And on this week’s show, the guys recapped who is in and out following the first two rounds of group action in Russia, revealed their picks for the “breakout stars” of the tournament so […]
Question of the Week: Before most shows, we solicit listener answers to a “Question of the Week” to social media. We’re directly reliant on your thoughts to make this segment not crap, so make sure you’re paying attention.
Winners & Wankers: D.J. and Jeremy each pick the person, place or things from the world of soccer that are worthy of being given the title of “Winner” — deserving of praise — and “Wanker” — deserving of scorn and mockery — for the previous week.
This Week in American Soccer Conspiracy Theories: The ever growing American soccer community has birthed some incredible tinfoil hat thinking over the last few years, and we’re not afraid to call them out.
Fantasy Update: A weekly update on how the Pondcast hosts are faring in the WSOTP Fantasy Leagues for the Premier League and MLS, as well as who tops the table in each.
Closing Music: The tail end of every show features some of the guys favorite musical samplings for you to judge them by. If you like what you hear, you can listen to them all on our occasionally updated Spotify playlist.