Now in its eighth season, the Wrong Side of the Pond podcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the Atlantic from the lower tiers of America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes drop weekly from August to June and are available in the player at the top of the site, or you can subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts.
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: Better together May 13, 2021 3:22 pmThis week, for the first time in over a year, D.J. and Jeremy convened in the same physical space to record the #Pondcast. Now fully vaccinated — and craving adult human interaction — the guys explored the crowning of England’s latest champion and the inevitable relegations of Sheffield United, West Brom, and Fulham. In domestic […]
- #Pondcast: It’s an insurrection May 6, 2021 8:00 pmAnother week off means the guys are once again back with lots of thoughts on all that has transpired. In addition to evaluating the chances of either of Spurs or Liverpool finding their way back into the top four this season, we also spent time considering the soccer that didn’t happen in Manchester thanks to […]
- #Pondcast: There’s nothing super about this April 22, 2021 2:26 pmWelp… the nuclear button was finally pressed. But it turns out nuclear arsenal of soccer’s superpowers wasn’t quite as strong as those superpowers believed themselves to be. And on this week’s episode of the #Pondcast, the guys grapple with the aftermath of the failed-breakaway Super League and their own clubs’ involvement in the fiasco. Jeremy […]
- #Pondcast: The eighth time we previewed MLS April 15, 2021 7:31 pmThe wait is over: MLS is here! The domestic first division season officially kicks off this weekend and, once again, D.J. and Jeremy are back to preview the upcoming 2021 campaign. As usual, the guys present their normal predictions — playoff teams, Supporters Shield winners, Cup winners, MVP, coach of the year, darkhorse club, and […]
- #Pondcast: Afternoon delight April 9, 2021 4:50 pmWorry not, exhausted #Pondcast-ers: this week’s show is less than half the length of last week’s monstrous return to the mics. In this week’s abridged version, the guys examined the reasons behind West Ham’s dizzying heights in the English table — are Moyes’ men actually good, or is just that everyone else bad? We also […]
GET INVOLVED IN THE SHOW
Whether it’s to share your answer to the upcoming episode’s question of the week, or you just want D.J. and Jeremy to answer the question burning a hole in your brain, we want to hear from you! You can tweet at the guys at @wrongsidofpond or @JeremyLance, or you can shoot us a message.