Back for it’s fifth season, the Pondcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the pond, from the lower tiers of the America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes (normally) drop Tuesdays and are available in the player at the top of the site and available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and via RSS feed.
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: Title Hoisting and Fruit by the Foot April 18, 2018 12:10 pmWe’ll kick off this week’s #Pondcast by apologizing for the inordinate amount of 90’s nostalgia on this latest episode — the guys accidentally fell down an old commercial rabbit hole immediately prior to recording, and it permeated wide swaths of this week’s show. And no, that totally wasn’t an effort to wash over the fact that […]
- #Pondcast: Ball Out for Mourinho April 12, 2018 2:00 amIt was #1 vs #2 in a cataclysmic inner-city derby in Manchester this past weekend, with practically nothing hanging on the balance of the result — well, that’s if you ignore one side getting to lift an all-but-hoisted trophy at the end of regulation had they won. But what transpired was still highly enjoyable, an […]
- #Pondcast: Is Your Club’s Season Over? April 5, 2018 1:41 amBy this point in the campaign, it’s not unusual for many of the clubs in the English Premier League to have already had their fates settled. And on this week’s show, the guys do their best to not only review the weekend’s action but also to answer one question for all 20 sides: “Is our season […]
- #Pondcast: Cupdate March 20, 2018 9:38 pmCups in England, Cups in Europe, Cups on this side of the pond too — well, not yet for the last one anyway. And on this week’s show, the guys spent considerable time reviewing last week’s action in both England’s FA Cup and UEFA’s European Cup Champions League. And believe it or not, we also […]
- #Pondcast: Mou and the Missus March 13, 2018 9:14 pmAs we enter the home stretch of the European football season and begin to dip our toes into the domesteic game here in the States, there’s almost more football on than one can consume — including ones that record soccer podcasts. Nevertheless, with EPL, UCL and MLS, and USL preview to cover, this week also […]
Question of the Week: Before most shows, we solicit listener answers to a “Question of the Week” to social media. We’re directly reliant on your thoughts to make this segment not crap, so make sure you’re paying attention.
Winners & Wankers: D.J. and Jeremy each pick the person, place or things from the world of soccer that are worthy of being given the title of “Winner” — deserving of praise — and “Wanker” — deserving of scorn and mockery — for the previous week.
This Week in American Soccer Conspiracy Theories: The ever growing American soccer community has birthed some incredible tinfoil hat thinking over the last few years, and we’re not afraid to call them out.
Fantasy Update: A weekly update on how the Pondcast hosts are faring in the WSOTP Fantasy Leagues for the Premier League and MLS, as well as who tops the table in each.
Closing Music: The tail end of every show features some of the guys favorite musical samplings for you to judge them by. If you like what you hear, you can listen to them all on our occasionally updated Spotify playlist.