The Pondcast is a weekly American soccer podcast covering happenings on both sides of the pond, from the lower tiers of the America’s soccer pyramid to the heights of Europe’s elite leagues. New episodes drop Tuesdays and are available on the web and available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and via RSS feed.
MOST RECENT EPISODES
- #Pondcast: The Cup Runneth Over February 21, 2017 10:38 pmThough we were all made to suffer through a weekend without the likes of Premier League football to entertain us, the FA Cup and its magic did a fine job standing in. Fifth tier minnows like Lincoln City and Sutton United attracted scores of attention to the world’s oldest knockout cup competition, including our own. […]
- #Pondcast: This is Our Valentine to You February 14, 2017 10:41 pmEven though this week’s #Pondcast is our Valentine’s Day gift to you, we don’t suggest trying to pass it off as a gift for your loved one: our wives didn’t find it a suitable gift, so your significant other probably won’t either. Probably anyway. But if they would find it a respectable gift, once unwrapped they’d find […]
- #Pondcast: Contenders and Pretenders February 7, 2017 10:47 pmtwo rounds of fixtures in the Premier League since our last show, order at the summit of the table seems to have started to fall into shape. And on this #Pondcast, the guys delve into whether Chelsea have already wrapped up the title, whether Spurs are the real deal, and whether Arsenal have seen this […]
- #Pondcast: An Unlikely Derby January 31, 2017 10:44 pmThough in year’s past we’ve been known to skip over FA Cup weekends and give ourselves a little #Pondcast break, that’s not the case in 2017. That’s especially true when two teams that guys support square up against one another in the tournament, as was the case when D.J.’s Spurs hosted Jeremy’s minnows in Wycombe Wanderers. […]
- #Pondcast: These Are Alternative Facts January 24, 2017 10:36 pmCold winters be damned, the world of soccer remains hot, hot, hot… at least that’s the way we saw it. A tumultuous weekend in the top seven of the Premier League for all but one team unfolded in England, giving D.J. and Jeremy plenty to discuss. The American preseason engine is also now warming up, […]
Listener Questions/Topics: We absolutely want to know what you want us to talk about, so be sure to shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your questions and topics to sprinkle in to the weekly pod.
Winners & Wankers: D.J. and Jeremy each pick the person, place or things from the world of soccer that are worthy of being given the title of “Winner” — deserving of praise — and “Wanker” — deserving of scorn and mockery — for the previous week.
Wrong Side of the Argument: Ever the protagonist, Jeremy will occasionally defend an unpopular opinion from the world of soccer.
This Week in American Soccer Conspiracy Theories: The ever growing American soccer community has birthed some incredible tinfoil hat thinking over the last few years, and we’re not afraid to call them out.
Fantasy Update: A weekly update on how the Pondcast hosts are faring in the WSOTP Fantasy Leagues for the Premier League and MLS, as well as who tops the table in each.
Closing Music: The tail end of every show features some of the guys favorite musical samplings for you to judge them by. If you like what you hear, you can listen to them all on our occasionally updated Spotify playlist.
WSOTP is pleased to be a founding member of the Background Noise FC, an independent soccer podcast network, which features regional members across the US offering unique perspectives on the beautiful game. Check us at it www.backgroundnoisefc.com.