Admittedly, releasing the news that we will have a 2016 MLS Fantasy league just two days before the actual league season kicks off is a bit foolish. It should have gone up days ago, if not weeks. But that’s the reality we have to live with now.
Luckily for those of you who stumble across this space between now and Sunday’s MLS First Kick, less time means less entrants, and less entrants means you have a better chance of actually winning something. So my tardiness is really working out in your favor.
This year, we’re simplifying things. Instead of running a classic and head-to-head leagues, this time around we’re going to just keep the classic league. Only 30 participants in the head-to-head last time out tells me that they’re not quite as popular as the traditional set up, so we’re ditching that format in 2016. But otherwise, everything else is remaining the same.
The steps to join are simple enough:
- If you haven’t yet created one yet, head on over to the Official MLS Fantasy Site and create you team.
- Once you have a team, join our WSOTP Classic Table by entering
LEAGUE CODE: 14062-3162 or by following this direct link.
- Pick your team before the Week 1 Deadline, this Sunday, March 6th at 1:30pm Eastern.
- Watch games, make transfers and set line ups throughout the season
- Collect a WSOTP shirt of your choosing for winning the league at the end of the season.
And yes, there are some new designs that will be going up in the WSOTP Shop in between now and the end of the season — hopefully much sooner than that too — so you’ll have a larger selection to choose from!
So what are you waiting for… create your team and get in on the action now!